Monday, November 14, 2016

Purple Birthday Card

Time has slipped away from me yet again.

Work has been so busy I have not had much of a chance to craft in the past month. Add to that a few family things and unfortunately the results are a too busy day to even have the chance to create let alone post a few new creations. I am hoping the next few weeks will be different and allow for some play time.

The card I am sharing today I actually made at least a month ago. It is part of a lovely 3 card gift set.
Although the cards in the set coordinate through colour scheme and theme they use different stamps sets so I think it's better to dedicate a post to each card.

As you may have noticed in my last post, lately I have enjoyed creating more single layer cards with masked backgrounds. This card is no different.



I started by masking the edges of my 3 3/4" x 5" piece of white cardstock leaving a rectangle approx. 2' x 3.5" in the center. I then sponged this in So Saffron and stamped the spots in Hello Honey. Once the ink was dry I removed the masking tape.

Next I stamped the flowers and greenery. I added highlights using a white gel pen and then stamped the sentiment in black to the top right.


Using the Simply Scored I scored a decorative edge approx. 1/8" in from the edge and attached the card front to the white card base using foam tape.

As I don't believe any card is really complete without a touch of sparkle I added 6 tiny little (1/16" rhinestones to the center of the little flowers and finished the card with a purple organza bow.


Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white
Stamps: What I Love - SU, Tin of Cards - SU, Gorgeous Grunge - SU
Ink: So Saffron, Hello Honey, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi - SU,
        Tuxedo Black - Memento
Misc.: white gel pen, 1/16" rhinestones, 5/8" purple organza ribbon, foam tape/mounting squares, masking tape and sponge.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...