Monday, August 15, 2016

Gold Fish Jar Birthday

I don't know about you, but I've been enjoying a few previews of the upcoming SU Holiday catty through viewing pre-order videos shared by several SU demos.

I love the two new stamp sets that will work with the Everyday Jar Framelits; which I already own but just realized I have not used yet.
Feeling inspired I sat down the other day and made three cards with this set.

First, a birthday card for a dear friend.

 

I quite enjoyed using the matching stamps.  The card base consists of a general, tall tent fold A2 base in white. I added a card front in a pale sage green. A scrap of patterned paper cut on an angle was added for a touch of colour to the top left.


I then stamped the jar in black on white card. Added the fish using orange ink and the water (double stamped, second image stamped half way up the jar to raise the water level) in light blue. The sand was stamped using one of the stamps from the Timeless Textures set and the algae is the grass from In the Meadow, stamped 2-3 times in green.

Note, I create a mask by die cutting the jar from a scrap piece of cardstock. Then after stamping the jar I placed the mask over the image and then stamped the sand and algae.


I then cut the white cardstock with my image using the Window Framelit. With a Copic marker I added the shadow below the jar. Next I stamped the lid and bow on a scrap piece of cardstock and cut the shapes using the matching dies and glued them into position.

I found some blue pearls in my stash of embellishments that seem to fit the theme (thinking of bubbles) and added them to right of my image and stamped the greeting in the bottom right corner.


I also finished the inside of the card with some matching cardstock scraps to match the cover.
I left enough so I can add a personal message to the card.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections
Pattern paper: Momenta Textured cardstock 6x6" pad (48 sheets)
Stamps: Jar of Love, in the Meadow, Timeless Textures, Sunshine Sayings - all SU
Ink:  Tuxedo black - Memento, Soft Suede, Soft Sky, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Basic Gray - All SU
Dies: Everyday Jar Thinlits, Window Framelits - SU
Misc.: Copic markers: W1, W3, W5, blue pearls

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...