Thursday, August 4, 2016

Crochet Crib Blanket

During a recent visit to the yarn store this lovely yellow yarn caught my daughters eye. And although she just got engaged and there or no immediately plans just yet for a baby she couldn't resist and had to purchase several skeins.


She only started crocheting in the last year and isn't very fluent at reading patterns yet. She had found several new stitches and patterns she wanted to combine and therefore asked if I could make a crib blanket using this yarn and the stitches patterned she had found.


We decided on incorporating three squares to make the blanket.
the first is using this free pattern, a variation on the basic granny square
Edit. not sure why the link doesn't want to go straight to the pattern. It's free, and called "squares-n-squares-baby-blanket"

The second uses the basket weave stitch, as can be found here:
Craft Passion Basket Weave

And the third and last is a basic double crochet worked in the back loop only for a ripple texture effect.


I made 5 of each and assembled in 5 rows of 3 alternating the pattern.
The blanket was stitched together using a matching shade of green yarn and edged in one round (single crochet) of green as well.
I then added a simple scallop edge in the yellow variegated yarn

As there was a bit of left over yarn I am contemplating making a matching pair of booties and maybe a hat, when (and if) time permits.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

1 comment :

  1. My mom crocheted exquisite doilies. She never had the patience to teach me, and one of my life regrets is that I never learned. This blanket is wonderful, as are all your handcrafted items. You are so talented!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...