Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Daisy Granny Square Crochet Blanket

I've really gotten back into crocheting these past few months. After making the baby blankets and cute little raccoon hat I started on several other projects.

I made this lovely daisy square blanket for my sister.


I chose various off white, pink and silver/gray yarns.
Several of which are specialty yarns such as Loops & Threads Mink (chenille),
Isaac Mizrahi craft yarn - Carnegie Hill, silver sequins yarn,  multi toned boucle and a shiny metallic yarn.

The blanket is worked in a large daisy granny square pattern using a Q (15.75 mm) crochet hook. This resulted in approx. 12 x 12" sized squares. So the finished blanket consists of 12 squares. The finished blanket is approx. 42" x 54 ".


I made 4 each of 3 different squares. The Lion Brand Homespun yarn and the fuchsia chenille were crochet in single strand, the rest in triple strands. The basic daisy square pattern came from this site. The pattern is well written and the blanket came together rather quickly. I love how it turned out.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

2 comments :

  1. Love this! I taught my Daughter to knit a couple years ago and then decided I missed it, but recently (last fall) got into crocheting...it's addictive! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this! I spent alot of time crocheting when I was younger..... Love your pretty colors : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...