Monday, January 25, 2016

Bird Crazy Celebrate

I really enjoyed making this card. To me this crazy little bird looks like he is wearing a tuxedo; wherefore he was perfect for a celebration themed card.


I stamped the bird as well as the top hat and bow tie on watercolor paper and coloured all using SU inks and an aqua painter. Then the pieces were cut out using the matching dies.



The assembled bird was matted on an oval cut out and I add a little shading below him for a shadow effect.  The card front is very dark navy cardstock onto which I stamped a crackle background in pearlescent white.

 
For my finishing touches I couldn't resist and had to add a bit of sparkly thread and sequins
 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill (coloured), Recollections white, SU - watercolour paper
Stamps: Crackle Background - IO, Wonderful Words - SU, Bird Crazy, Crazy Things - Tim Holtz
Ink: SU - Night of Navy, Basic Black, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Real Red, Club Scrap - Pearlescent white
Dies: Bird Crazy, Crazy Things - Tim Holtz, Oval Thinlits - SU
Misc.: silver sequins, red/black/silver specialty yarn

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon. 

4 comments :

  1. These Crazy Bird stamps come to life in your hands. Wish I could colour as well as you! Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your bird with the top hat and bow tie. CUTE! Love that crackly bkgrd, too. FUN card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card- you are really dressing up the Crazy birds so nicely- love this tux card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...