Tuesday, November 3, 2015

You are Remarkable

I really enjoy coloring and as I am still in need of a lot of practice I am always on the lookout for new line art stamps. It is therefore no wonder that when I came across SU's new "Remarkable You" set in their catalog it immediately made it onto my must have list.

This past week I finally had time to play with this lovely st. For my first card I chose the calla lilies image.


As my colour preference always leans towards warm autumn hues I chose to colour the flowers in soft, peachy pink.


Although i don't often use patterned paper I happen to buy a 6 x 6 pad the other day at 50% off and low and behold it matches my intended colour scheme perfectly. I picked two coordinating patterns, cut them to size and matted each onto white cardstock.


To help the flowers pop from the card front I placed them over a vellum oval and popped them with foam mounting tape. The sentiment was also popped with foam and for a finishing touch I added a ribbon bow.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, vellum - unknown
Patterned paper: MME "reunion" 6" paper pad
Stamps: Remarkable You - SU
Ink: Tuxedo Black - Memento
Alcohol markers: YR000. YR00, Y35, YG03, YG25 - Copic
Misc.: foam mounting tape/squares, 5/8" mint green organza ribbon

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

3 comments :

  1. Your calla's look pretty and I like the vellum behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's just gorgeous! I really love coloring too, a truly new found love of mine. I said as much to a friend of mine the other day, and she asked me if I have one of those 'adult coloring books', I couldn't stop laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh this is just Gorgeous!!! Love the colors of your DP, and really love the vellum idea behind the flower- just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...