Thursday, November 5, 2015

Remarkable You Magnolia

For the second card creation in this SU set I chose the magnolia image. I wanted my image to be the focus of the card and therefore opted for a white canvas, no fuzzy cutting.


The flower was coloured using Copics in warm pink tones. I added a shadow with warm gray and faded it out using pointillism.


The light gray card front was embossed with a leafy background and the flower image was mounted on a matching pink before adhering to a lacy white square. 


The card was finished with a simple hello die and some matching pink ribbon.
I actually just purchased that ribbon last week at my local Dollarama. I knew I had very limited pink embellishments, especially ribbon and when I saw this multi coloured striped one I had to have. I am amazed at how well it matched the Copic colour I currently own )I used it in my next card as well).

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white, Bazzill pink, Gray Staples.
Stamp: Remarkable You - SU
Dies: Greetings Thinlits - SU, Lacy Squares - Spellbinder
Embossing folder: Flora - Spellbinder
Alcohol markers: R11, R22, W1, W3, W5, G02, G05, G09, Colorless blender - Copic
Misc.: 1 1/4" ribbon, foam mounting tape/squares, corner rounder (Creative Memories)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

2 comments :

  1. So pretty!! Love your flower, and the light gray shading really makes it stand out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - this card is so elegant- love your coloring and shading with gray, and the ribbon is so pretty- love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...