Monday, November 2, 2015

Glistening Tree Tops

I try to be a little frugal with my crafting budget (although I don't always succeed).
One of this year's SU Holiday stamps sets that intrigued me is the Wonderland set. To be specific, I really love the tree image. The sentiment is nice as well,  I however don't have need for the rest of the images and honestly am not a fan of the deer horns.
After seeing many creations using the new fir tree image I decided to see if I could create a similar look with what I already own; after all I do have the wonderful Lovely as a Tree stamp set.
The results were these pretty winter scenes; daytime, night sky and after sunset  purple.


I love how they turned out.
Each background was created with a single ink colour, Night of Navy


Marina Mist


Blackberry Bliss


I used sponge daubers to apply the ink to the card front. The fir tree images were stamped using Basic Black. I then repeated the tree images using a white pearlescent ink. The same ink was used to add the falling snow. The pearlescent ink is pigment based and was therefore heat set.
The card has just the right amount of sparkle for my taste without overpowering.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections white & black
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree - SU, More Merry Messages - SU
                  Holiday Home - SU, Gorgeous Grunge - SU
Ink: Blackberry Bliss, Night of navy, Mairna Mist, Basic Black - SU, Pearlescent white - Club Scrap
Die: Bitty Banners - SU
Misc.: white and black 5/8" organza ribbon, mini clear plastic snowflake (Dollarama)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...