Monday, October 26, 2015

Christmas Stars

I started this card some time ago and then put it aside as I found myself rather uninspired.
With having made a few Christmas cards in the last little bit I pulled it out and decided to try and finish it. It's not one of my favourites, but I have to say the longer I look at it the more it appeals to me.


I created the shaker by die cutting the star, then lining up the position with my background paper and stamping the same size star in that spot. I built my shaker box onto the back of my cut out layer and filled it with little pearlescent micro beads.


The greeting and small star on the fort were heat embossed in silver. I also added a few little silver punched stars that were popped with foam mounting squares. All was finished with a few hand drawn outlines and dots in white gel pen.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill - dark blue, Recollections white, Brushed silver - SU
Stamps: Bright & Beautiful - SU
Ink: Night of Navy - SU, Versamark
Dies: Star Framelits - SU
Punch: Itty Bitty Accents - SU
Misc.: silver embossing powder, acetate, silver micro beads, foam mounting squares, foam tape, white gel pen

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...