Monday, August 10, 2015

Shabby Chic Best Thoughts

I am slowly trying to make my way through all the new stamps I purchased in the past 3 months which I still have not used (after all, I have got to be able to justify buying several of the amazing sets in SU's new Holiday mini).

On the docket for this week is SU's Hostess set Best Thoughts. I love this beautiful large flower image. It is perfect for colouring with Copics, which was my plan. However after looking at it for a while I thought before I go the colouring's route I would try a simple embossed image.

The results were this very shabby chic looking card. Although not my usual style I am really pleased with how it turned out.


I am also pleased with how many old products I managed to make good use off.

I started by stamping the post card image on ivory cardstock. I then trimmed it and distressed the edges. The entire layer was then sprayed with a little walnut stain.

Next I stamped several grungy splatters in pink and green. I also stamped some random writing and my "Hello" greeting.

The postage stamp image was stamped on a scrap piece of ivory and then punched out using the SU stamp punch.

The white paper doily was distressed with Walnut stain and a small scrap of doily was sponged with pink ink.

The flower image was stamped with Versamark on dark brown cardstock and embossed with Verdigris embossing powder. The image was then fussy cut and attached with foam tape for a ltitle added depth.

My card base is light ivory. The edges were sponged with pink and a few walnut ink smudges.
I also added a little pink colour to the cotton bow and the 2c portion of the stamp image with markers.

Last but not least I added a few small pearls for a little touch of chic.

Supplies used;
Cardstock: Recollections ivory and light ivory. Bazzill brown
Ink: ColorBox Chalk ink - Chestnut Roan, SU - Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding,
        Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Walnut Stain, Versamark
Stamps: Post Card - SU, Gorgeous Grunge - SU, Label Something - SU, Best Thoughts - SU,
              Postage Due - SU, random script - Club Scrap
Markers: Pale Cherry pink (R11), Light Prawn (R22), Warm Gray (W3) - Copic
Embossing powder: Vintage Verdigris - SU
Punch: Postage Stamp - SU
Misc.: Natural cotton ribbon, paper doily, tiny pearls, foam mounting tape, Tonic Perforator (for distressing)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

1 comment :

  1. Very pretty card- love the shabby Chic look to it and the color combo is pretty together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...