Monday, June 22, 2015

Watercolor wings over-sized card

After playing a little with these gorgeous butterflies I thought they would be best served on a  larger canvas than normal, so opted for a 5.5 x 8.5 (A7) card. This size really allows for great flow without the card seeming too overcrowded.


I used different shades of purple for these butterflies. To be honest I tried several different combinations to see which blended the best, this is why the butterflies are different colours. Still nto sure which I like best.
The top one consists of Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss and Elegant Eggplant. The Bottom butterfly is Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum and Blackberry Bliss. Each butterfly is trimmed with a row of 5 rhinestones that I coloured with alcohol markers to match.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections - white
Stamps: Watercolor Wings - SU, Watercolor Wash background - SU, Gorgeous Grunge - SU, Tin of Cards (sentiment) - SU
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Delightful Dijon - SU, Tuxedo Black - Memento
Alcohol markers: Copic - RV34, V17
Misc.: foam mounting tape, purple and pink sequins, rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.


3 comments :

  1. Very lovely, I like the butterfly at the top the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the Watercolor Wings stamp set! It arrived today. I like both butterflies. You say you color washed the background. It looks so dark. Did you have to go over it several times to get that color? Beautiful card-I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I didn't color wash the background, I used the new SU background stamp called "Watercolor Wash": http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=139538

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...