Monday, June 1, 2015

Silhouette Sunset

I bought the Inspired by Nature two piece stamp set a while back on eBay (long time retired) as I've always wanted it and missed out when it was a current SU product.
When I first got it I unmounted both stamps from their wooden blocks, replace the foam with EZmount and put the stamps aside. 

I have come to realize that it is a rather common occurrence that I forget exactly what I own, despite having an itemized inventory list.so common. So these lovely stamps have been sitting in my ignored pile ever since.

This past weekend I pulled them out and told myself it was time to sue them, at least once. I decides on this fast and easy card.


I do wish the black had come out a bit bolder. I considered re-stamping it a second time but knew I wouldn't be able to line it up exactly so left it as is. Just another reason why a MISTI is on my wish list, and slowly but surely moving towards the top.

For the sunset background I used Work of Art. Very fast and easy and great results. I mounted my image on a black mat, a mere 1/16"all around just to have a slight contrast from the card front. I added my ribbon and bow before adhering it to the card front.
The sentiment was stamped directly onto my card and trimmed out with very small 3/16" rhinestones.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: Inspired by Nature - SU, Work of Art - SU, Sheltering Tree - SU
Ink: Tuxedo Black - memento, SU - Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler
Misc.: 3/16" rhinestones, 5/8" black organza ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...