Monday, April 13, 2015

Graduation gift box

Times sure flies when you aren't paying attention. I can't believe my middle child is graduating high school this year. Children grow up way too fast!

In honour of his graduation I have completed a few projects for the big day next month.
First up is a cute little gift box:


This was made with the curvy keepsake box die. It's the perfect size for a grad ring.
The top of the hat is made from a  3 1/4" square piece of cardstock;  I just cut a slit in the center to fit over the handle. To do this mark center point with a ruler and cut a line approx. 1 3/8" to create a slit that will fit over the box handle
 
I have two further graduation projects coming up. Here's a sneak peek at the complete set. I have not had a chance to write the punch art instructions yet. So the other two projects will be for later this week.


Supplies used for the gift box:
Cardstock: Recollections and Bazzill
Stamp: Tagtastic - SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black
Punches: Scallop oval - SU, Modern Label - SU
Die: Curvy Keepsake - SU
Misc.: red tassel, x-acto knife.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon

7 comments :

  1. Love this fun idea! Darling : ) They get older, but we do not....! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. The die box into a hat is perfect!! What an awesome ensemble too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little graduate! Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you share where you found the red tassel for the curvy keepsakes box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, I bought my tassels many years ago from a local store (I have 12 colours). They were sold in packs of 10 per colour. I did find a vendor that sells the same style but they sell them in packs of 100 (they also work great for book marks): http://www.bookblanks.com/100_Pk_Chainette_Bookmark_Tassels_p/bb-tm100c.htm
      and this vendor sells multi packs of 50: http://www.craftsuppliesforless.com/heart-fingerprint-bookmarks.html
      Note I have never purchased from either of these places so cannot speak for the customer service.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...