Saturday, March 14, 2015

Easter Basket

I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to pretty boxes and basket dies (you may have noticed). So when I saw SU's basket Bigz die it made the top of my must have list right away.
I haven't had much time to play with it just yet but did manage to make one pretty little Easter basket last week.



I embossed the cardstock with a basket weave pattern before die cutting the pieces. I sponged a little ink over the surface to emphasis the texture a little and assembled it.
It comes together quite easily but to me it's a tad plain if left as is. I added organza ribbon to the handle and finished the sides with a little bow. The front of my basket features a punch art lilac blossom.


and the top of the handle, I just couldn't resist, I added a pretty butterfly die (sponged with several coordinating shades of ink)

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Die: Berry basket Bigz - SU, Butterfly Basics Thinlits - SU
Embossing folder: basket weave - Darice
Ink: all SU - Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder, Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black
Punches: Itty Bitty Accents (4 petal flower) - SU, Blossom Petal (largest) - SU, Bird Builder (leafy stem)( - SU
Misc.: 5/8" organza ribbon, foam mounting squares

Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...