Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mantel Clock Punch Art

I have another quick little punch art card using the new Note Tag punch from SU.
This time I've made a little mantel clock. You can add details to it using small border stamps, or border punch pieces as I did. I hand drew the clock face, but if you happen to have a stamp around 3/4" to 1 1/4" in size that would work wonderfully.


I used a border punch to create a little carved details on my clock. You can see what the full punch shape looks like on the right hand side of my card. It is made by Punch Bunch (PB) and is called "Crown border". PB is closing down but you should still be able to find this border punch for purchase online. I used a nailhead circle frame (old stash) to secure the clock face, but you could just mount the 12" circle on top of a 1 1/4" circle for a framed look. The face and 2nd layer of the clock or foam mounted.to create more depth. I also foam mounted my greeting.

This is just a thought, but could see how this mantel clock design can easily be turned into a grandfather clock for a scrapbook page border by adding a long piece with a door between the bottom of the clock and the curved foot/base.

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill (I think the green is celery). The card base is actually ivory but it doesn't show well in the photo.
Ink: chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, both SU
Stamps: French Script background - SU, Express Yourself - SU
Embossing folder: Woodgrain - SU
Punches: Crown border - PB, 1" circle - SU, Note Tag - SU, 1" square (banner tails) -SU, 1/2" circle - SU
Misc.: 1" brass frame nailhead, brown butchers twine, foam mounting squares, black marker.

Full punch art instructions below.



2 comments :

  1. Love the mantel clock, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome punch art... I hope you don't mind I just posted this on Pinterest!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...