Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pretty Flowers

I loved how my cherry blossom card turned out (and it was a big hit with my daughter as well). The little flowers were so simple to make with beautiful results. So I decided to make a few more cards using the same blossom design, but changing the colours.

The first card was inspired by this anemone:


And here is the card I made:


I love the contrast between the yellow/orange and black.
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Dies: Oval Framelits - SU - Sizzix
Punches: Pansy - SU, Petite Petals - SU, Blossom Builder - SU
Stamps: Stacks of Wishes - SU, Petite Peal - SU, Flower Shop - SU,
Ink: Pumpkin Pie - SU,  Old Olive - SU, for the leaves, for the sentiment I used my SU markers in Basic Black and Olive Green.
Misc.: 1/4" black rhinestones, flower making tools.

The blossoms were made the same way as my large cherry blossoms.
I  used one petal of the pansy to create each leaf.

Once I had this card completed I decide on making a more spring inspired Card. This was the result:



and here a view with the gate-fold held closed with a clip to see the card front better:

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Dies: Circle Framelits - SU - Sizzix
Punches: 2 3/8" scallop circle - SU, Pansy - SU, Petite Petals - SU, Blossom Builder - SU
Stamps: Whimsical Words - SU, Petite Peal - SU, Flower Shop - SU,
Ink: Crushed Curry - SU,  Old Olive - SU, for the leaves, Basic Black - SU
Misc.: 1/4" pearls, 5/8" orange organza ribbon, flower making tools.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...