Monday, November 11, 2013

Quick Card Share

What a week!
Someone in our home, who shall remain nameless, got in big trouble as they managed to infect our main PC with 2 viruses on Friday night.

Spent 3 hrs Saturday morning trying to get rid of the darn thing without success.
Mind you, the actual virus never infected our system. The install file snug in but when ever it tried to actually execute Norton's caught it and blocked it.

Apparently unless the virus is active (and I wasn't about to let it) nothing I could find online was able to delet this little file. And I am no expert to start messing with my root kit.

So, off to Geek squad we went. $200 later the culprit has been taken care of. Silver lining, yes there actually is one, this old PC is faster than it has been in a long time. Guess I should have had it cleaned up a while ago. Also, this reminded me how important it is to do regular back-ups.

Unfortunatley this did cost me pretty much the entire weekend, so no time to write up isntructions for my next projects (my first 5 Christmas themed punch art cards for this year).

Add that to the fact that I will not have much time this week. I am happy to say I will be off work, however the reason is that we are finally having our new windows installed.
What was supposed to have been a 1-2 day install job will now be 3-4 days though as the window company is down one crew this month.

I am not looking forward the next few days!

Having said that, I do have a few projects I did a little while ago, that will not requrie punch art "recipes". I thought I'd share a few of these until I have some time to write some instructions.

First up a couple of baby themed cards. Two of my cousins had babies in the last few months and these are what I sent along with our gifts (both are out of town, so we have not been lucky enough to meet our new little second cousins in person yet).

Card #1
I choose some brighter, non baby colours.
I decided to use the chalkboard technique for the greeting (my cousin is a teacher).

 

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill, green is some old ColorBok
Patterned Paper: old Provo Craft
Die: Two Tags - SU
Punch: Decorative Label - SU
Greeting: A Word for You - SU
Embossing Folder: Argyle - Cuttlebug
Ink: Stazon white
Little crochet baby booties and bonet are old Scrappin' Extras
 
I lined the envelope and of course finished the inside to match:
 
 
Greeting is by SU: In my Thoughts.
  
Here is my second card. Also for  a little baby boy. I decided for this cousin a more traditional look would be a better fit.
 
 

Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: unsure, some old scraps I had
Punch: Scallop Oval - SU, S. Giant Stocking by Emagination
Greeting: A Word for You - SU
Die: Spellbinder Lacey Ovals
Ink: Colobox
Markers: Bashful Blue and Ruby Red - SU
White Organza ribbon
 
I also lined the envelope and used the same greeting on the inside as the first card: In My Thoughts - SU
 
Thanks for looking.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...