Saturday, October 12, 2013

Brayer Sunsets

Recently I decided I finally needed to try out my brayer. After all it had only been sitting in my desk drawer for a year or so.

It took several tries to get some nice results, but I think now that I know the basics to achieving this look I'll be able to re-create it more easily.

I love the the look of a brayered sunset, so that was my first project.

Here are the results after a few tries.


The one on the left is a little more muted and the colours blend better. This actually happened quite by accident. That was my second try at this technique (my first I ended up throwing out).

The transition from one colour to the next wasn't as smooth as I'd hoped and a bit too bright for my liking. So I brayerd a layer of brown chalk ink over top and then redid the darker hues. This resulted in a very blended and muted look. The second card is my third try and I had better results with the transition from one colour to the next.

Close ups and supply lists to follow:


 
Supplies used:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: various (Orange, red, burgundy and purple dye inks and brown chalk ink), pearl - Club Scrap, Black - Colorbox
Stamps: Silhouette Grass - Hero Arts, Little Shapes - SU
burgundy organza ribbon 5/8" width
 
 
 
 
Supplies used:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Ink: various (Orange, red, burgundy and purple dye inks), pearl - Club Scrap, Black - Colorbox
Dies: Les Papillions (Butterfly) -Spellbinders, Window Frames - SU
Stamps: Silhouette Grass - Hero Arts, Little Shapes - SU

Thanks for looking!

1 comment :

  1. Both cards are great. The color blending on both is really very nice.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...