Monday, January 28, 2013

Love Bug Valentine Cards

Today I am sharing the first of my Valentine cards - my little Love Bug couple.


I hadn't planned on making 2 cards with this design, but when I showed my husband the finished pink card he stated that I needed to make a boy to go with it. Who am I to argue with him? So I made a little boy bug to match.

 
                                                  
I love how they both look so adorably shy presenting their little token of love.

Full list of punches needed to make these is in the instructions posted below. Other supplies used as follows:
Sentiments stamp is from an old SU stamp set (Love Always)
I cut the large oval each bug is mounted on using my Coluzzle (if you have oval nesting dies it's even easier). The smaller oval at the top is the super giant (52) oval punch (PB). I've inked all the edges with Colorbox inks and added highlights with a white marker. The yellow strip and background rectangle were cut with a paper trimmer.
I used a silhoutte daisy punch from PB to make the flower blossom but any 3/4- 1" daisy punch will work just as well.
Full instructions below.

I'll be sharing several more cute bug Valentine cards in the next week; be sure to come back and check out the instructions.

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for this post! I needed a bug for my great nephew's birthday card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...