Sunday, September 9, 2012

Give Thanks

Our next holiday is fast approaching, only 4 weeks till Thanksgiving! Well, for us Canadian's anyways :)
With most of our relatives overseas, it's generally just my sister and her husband joining us for Thanksgiving dinner. That makes 7-8 so I though this year I'll decoate the table a little more than usual.

I have been working on some simple homemade table decorations. Place cards, napking rings, goody boxes (these will hold homemade truffles) and decor wrap for the candles.

 
And of course I couldn't resist and made a matching card.
I am also contemplating a little menu for each plate setting, but I haven't quite decided yet.
 
The design is really simple. I only used 3 punches for the acorn. The S. giant fern (PB) for the greenery and bot the top and acorn are made from the SU ornament punch. I double punched the top. First I punched the s. giant oval (PB) form the cardstock/paper and then the ornament.
For added texture I used an embossing envelope on the brown for the top.
I left my acorns simple, but they'd be really cute with a face as well, see below.
 
 
I accented each piece with a little natural raffia bow and all edges are inked.
Here's a close up of the card:
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...